Friday, March 6, 2009

Wetback Vs. Ask Me No Questions

In the documentary they leave on a journey to Canada just like they did in the book Ask Me No Questions. Except their journey is much longer and dangerous.

"All I know is we're driving straight through to that squiggle of a line on the map, the Canadian border." Pg 2

It's interesting that she said that, maybe because she hasn't realized that not all borders are like that. For example in the movie Wetback, the border line between Honduras and El Salvador looked like a trail were you could hike. It wasn't intimidating or had massive security. Maybe that was a blind spot, I can't remember. But I think what they will face later on in their Journey is more harsh borders like the Mexican border. I have heard a lot of stories trying to get to the U.S border from Mexico. I think it will be interesting to hear the entrance to the Mexican border and the Canadian border.

No comments:

Post a Comment