Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chapter 17 and 18

Chapter 17 Sentence

"Aisha wouldn't give her speech unless I sat with the graduates."

This sentence seems really meaningful to me. It really shows how their relationship with each other as a sister has really grown. It's touching how they really need each other in this case the speech. The speech was also very touching because Aisha after all realized what she has done.

Chapter 18 Sentence

"I can feel it, the water pressing all around us, pulsing from below. Abba's fingers reach for mine."

The water theme has really come along the way. I'm still puzzled how the author used the water metaphor because I'm not sure how she's using it. The water pulsing from below could mean all that they have gone through buried below them. I'm really glad though that they did get a chance to apply for asylum this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment