Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chapter ONE

The sentence that I chose to write about is:

"Soon it was like we were living in a dream home. Year after year we went on, not thinking about Abba's expired passport in the dresser drawer, or how the heat and the phone bills were in a second cousins name."Pg.8

I chose this sentence because they were living a double life until 9/11 happened and they needed to leave soon. Maybe this will become a theme later on in the book. How will they settle their situation out? Will they make it into Canada safely?

3 comments:

  1. I think you made a good point, Dennyce. I think it will become a theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Maybe their double life will have something to do with why they have to go to Canada. I also wonder if they will make it into Canada safely. I like the sentence that you chose, it's very interesting. Good response to the sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you ended with questions, some of which I wonder too. You made a good point about how it might become a theme later in the book. Great job!

    ReplyDelete