Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chapter 3and4

In these two chapter's I have seen a few connections to the book AAHM. Like the theme water, and her Nadira's bond with her mother.
That evening I brought Ma home and put her to bed, soothing her hair flat with a comb. Pg. 26.
In the book AAHM Juana always brushed her mother's hair and she took care of her, this is very similar.

Culture also became a part of the chapter. Chapter Three spoke a lot about their history and about their family. I thought this was really interesting and I wondered how this came into play.

Another observation that I made is that Nadira and Aisha's sisterly relationship is horrible! They should really make an effort to settle things out and comfort each other, overall Aisha! She want's her sister to start dieting??? How old is Nadira? Aisha thinks that the "American" vibe or influence has made Nadira overwieght. I mean is it really an issue now? Especially now that their parents are seperated and they are on their own. To me it seems like none of this has processed thoroughly in Aisha's head yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment